If you are a foreigner and wish to stay in France for more than 3 months as an inactive person, you can get a residence card visitor. You can apply for it, if you commit not to work.
What are the conditions for the residence permit “visitor”?
This card allows you to stay in France for more than 3 months without being able to work.
If you are a foreigner and wish to stay in France for a period of more than 3 months, you must obtain a long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (VL-TS) mentioning “visitor”.
If you want to apply for this card, you must:
- Make a commitment not to work in France,
- Have sufficient resources to live for the duration of your stay (minimum amount required is 1219 € per month for 1 person).
This amount can be your own resources (annuities or pensions, income from real estate, etc.) and that of a member of your family.
Housing conditions are also taken into account in the assessment of resources (whether you are an owner, tenant of your accommodation).
What are the procedures for obtaining a temporary “visitor” residence permit?
Documents to provide:
- Birth certificate,
- Your long-stay visa,
- If you are married: residence card (or identity card) of your spouse and marriage document (complete copy or extract with filiation),
- If you have children: extracts of the birth certificate of your children with filiation,
- A document that shows proof of address dated less than 3 months,
- 1 passport photo,
- Documentation that supports the state of your resources,
- Your commitment not to work in France put in writing.
The price of this temporary “visitor” residence permit is € 225 (tax of € 200 + € 25 for tax stamp). It is valid for 1 year and is renewable.
Make your passport photo to complete your file!
An essential part for the creation of your file: passport photos.
Easily do them online 24/7 from your smartphone without having to travel!
With the Smartphone iD app, you can take unlimited photo trials. Thanks to the application you can easily take photos from the comfort of home. You can receive it to your email box and to your mail box. We will take care of the rest ( double check (by software and by a real person) and make sure that you photo is valid), our photos are used by the ANTS (National Agency of Secure Documents) in France and comply with the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) standards.