The tourist visa of Saudi Arabia is a one-year-old document that allows you to enter the country for a limited period of time (up to 90 days) multiple times. If you are one of the 49 countries that are eligible for eVisa or Visa on Arrival, the application process is quick and easy. Continue reading this article to learn about the application procedure and the necessary documents.
Who can apply for the Saudi Arabia’s tourist visa?
Since the launch of the tourist visa in September, 2019, anyone can apply for the document and visit Saudi Arabia. If you have citizenship of one of the 49 countries, you can apply online or when arriving. If your country is not in the list, you need to find the closest Embassy or Consulate of the Saudi Arabia and fill out the application. No matter which application procedure you are doing, everyone gets the same type of tourist visa.
How to apply for Saudi Arabia’s eVisa?
Since September, 2019 until March, 2020 there were over 400 000 eVisas granted. The procedure to obtain the eVisa for Saudi Arabia is as follows :
- Visit https://visa.visitsaudi.com/
- Fill out the application
- add a passport standard digital photo
- state your address, as well as the address of stay in Saudi Arabia
- accept a basic medical insurance fee (180 SAR)
- Pay the application fee (534.98 SAR)
- Receive your eVisa in email.
- Note that holders of US, UK, or Schengen visas can also apply for the visa upon arrival.
What documents do you need for Saudi Arabia tourist visa via Embassy?
If your country is not eligible for eVisa, you can still apply for tourist visa via nearest embassy or consulate. If have a travel agency that is officially approved by the Saudi Arabia near you, visa application can be sent through there as well. Here are the documents you will need to prepare for the application:
- Duly filled application form
- Valid passport
- Health insurance purchased from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ( options will be provided during application process)
- Proof of accommodation during the stay in Saudi Arabia
- Visa fees (SAR 300) and insurance (SAR 140).
- Roundtrip ticket and travel itinerary
- Proof of employment
- Financial solvency/bank statement
- Complete personal information, including home address.
How long it takes to receive the tourist visa for Saudi Arabia?
Time taken to issue an e-Visa is 5-30 minutes in most cases and it takes 1-2 business days to issue visa through Embassy or Consulate and it is valid for 1 year. All visas are checked at the airport, before taking off to Saudi Arabia.
What are tourist visa fees for Saudi Arabia?
- Visa fee is 300 SAR
- Obligatory medical insurance costs 180 SAR
- VAT 15% 70 SAR
- Transaction fee 10 SAR