The Umrah is a small non-compulsory holy pilgrimage for people of the Muslim faith. It is located in Saudi Arabia. To be able to go to this pilgrimage you must have a visa, unless you are a citizen from Kuwait, Oman or Bahrain. Umrah can be completed within a few hours whereas its compulsory counterpart, the Hajj, takes at least a few weeks to complete. Here is the procedure on how to obtain Umrah visa.
There are five visa types that can be eligible for Umrah:
- an Umrah visa (valid 2 weeks),
- an Umrah e-visa (valid 2 weeks),
- a tourist visa (multiple entry visa, valid for one year, which allows travellers to enter and travel to Saudi Arabia for up to 90 days each time),
- a tourist e-visa (multiple entry visa, valid for one year, which allows travellers to enter and travel to Saudi Arabia for up to 90 days each time).
- Hajj Card (available within 24 hours, can be extended for up to 3 months)
Note that if you’re a Non-Muslim who has been approved for a Saudi Arabia electronic tourist visa, you cannot enter the holy cities of Mecca and Medina.
How to obtain Umrah visa?
To apply for Umrah visa the traditional way, you must find Saudi Arabia approved Umrah Travel Agents and fill out an application form after submitting the necessary travel documents. Then, one would have to wait for a few days till the visa processing was done and applications were approved to visit Saudi Arabia.
Necessary documents for UMRAH VISA APPLICATION
- A completed original Umrah visa application form,
- One recent passport size color photograph with a white background,
- Confirmed and non-refundable airline ticket. Departure from Saudi Arabia should be within two weeks from the date of entry.
- A vaccination certificate against Meningococcal Meningitis should be attached.
For more information, consult the official website.
To apply for an Umrah Visa in the form of a Hajj card without an agent, you require the following to be eligible:
- Passport-sized photo
- Passport with a minimum of 6 months left before expiring
- Women and children must be accompanied by a husband or father
STEP 1: Visit the Umrah Application portal.
STEP 2: Sign up with a travel agent.
STEP 3: Enter the details of your trip.
STEP 4: Book hotels and flights.
STEP 5: Submit the application.
Your Umrah visa will be issued online without the involvement of an agent.
Electronic Umrah visa
However, for a lot of countries, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has made it far easier for prospective Umrah applicants to get their travel visa. All you have to do is go to the online application portal, fill up the application form, upload the required travel authorization documents, pay a service charge, and then wait for 1-5 days. They receive their electronic tourist visa for Saudi Arabia.
Here is the list of documents needed for electronic Umrah visa application :
- a valid passport
- a recent passport photo
- personal information
- current email address
- debit or credit card
Countries that can apply for electronical Umrah visa :
- China (including Hong Kong and Macau)
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
How much costs Umrah visa ?
If this is your first Umrah of the year, then the Umrah visa is free.
If your previous Umrah was less than a year old, you will have to pay an additional tax of 5,400 DH (around 495.50 euros), imposed by Saudi Arabia.
To complete your application take the passport photo at home!
An important part when building your application is adding a conforming ID photo. Create it easily with your smartphone 24/7 without leaving the house.
Smartphone iD is an app available on Android and iPhone. Take unlimited shots to get a photo that you like, and once our software and team has approved it, receive it shortly in your email and/or within few days – in your mailbox.
Our artificial intelligence and human control system guarantees 100% that your photo will be accepted and conform with the mandatory ICAO standards.