If you’re like me and you’ve been procrastinating on getting your Passport photo taken, then you’ll be happy to know there are some great Passport photo apps in Australia out there that can help make the process a little easier.
In this article, we’ll share our top choice for the best Passport photo app. So whether you’re a seasoned traveler or just planning your first trip abroad, these apps are definitely worth checking out!
Why Use Passport Photo Apps in Australia?
Getting an Australian Passport photo doesn’t have to be difficult. You just need to follow the requirements set out by the Australian government. However, these requirements are strict and if you do not follow them, your application will likely be denied or delayed.
This is where a Passport photo app comes in, you can use the app to handle all the requirements and specifics for you. You can also save loads of time and money using a Passport photo app. So, when it comes to getting your Passport photo, all you need to do is just take a photo!
Do you need a passport photo?
- ‘Smartphone iD’ is one of the few companies that offer both digital and printed delivery of your Passport photos. You can choose the option that is best for you. Plus, we have a money-back guarantee if you don’t get government approval (unlikely).
- Our in-house biometric experts will ensure that your passport photo is compliant with all government regulations. We also offer a great price for our services – so you can save money and get your passport as quickly as possible.
- Order your certified Passport photos today by downloading ‘Smartphone iD’. Scroll to the bottom to find out how!
Using Passport Photo Apps in Australia is a Good Choice?
Using Passport photo apps in Australia can be a good choice for anyone who likes to save time and money! There are lots of methods out there to get a Passport photo. So let’s take a look at them.
Methods to get an Australian Passport photo
- Kmart: You can get a 4×6 (10 x 15 cm) and it costs only $0.10. Uploading your Passport photo to Kmart is a good way to print a compliant photo.
- Australia Post: If you need ID photos, head to Australia Post and choose from a range of options. Whether it’s for your passport or visa – you can get compliant photos here.
- Officeworks: Take a compliant Australian Passport photo at Officeworks. You also receive a certificate of compliance.
- Photo Booths: You can take your photo in these booths to get a compliant Australian Passport photo. They can be difficult to find though. You might find them in these places:
- Transportation hubs
- Shopping Centres
- Photo Studio: A photo studio is a good place to get Passport photos. If you can get an appointment, this could work for you. It’s usually more expensive than most other options!
So why use a Passport photo app like ‘Smartphone iD’?
- Smartphone iD: Passport photos are a crucial part of Passport processing. That’s why our team checks Passport photos thoroughly and uses AI to ensure that your photo meets all requirements!
- We use biometric data analysis as well as professional examination for the best results, so you can travel without worrying about what might be wrong with it.
- We offer a government approval guarantee as well as a money-back guarantee.
- We’ve designed our app to be convenient with everything from quick and secure payment processing, to easy photo taking when using the app.
- You don’t need an appointment or any additional paperwork just take a photo.
- ‘Smartphone iD’ is convenient as you don’t have to leave the house to get a Passport photo!
- We offer printed delivery as well as digital delivery, whatever suits you!
Passport Photo Apps (Free & Paid)
When it comes to getting your Australian Passport photo, you want to make sure that it is of the best quality. This means ensuring that your photo is clear, in focus, and properly cropped. As well as compliant with all requirements.
One way to do this is by using a Passport photo app. There are both free and paid apps available, and each has its own features and benefits. So, which one should you choose?
1. Free Apps (Android & iOS)
Ensure your passport photo meets all requirements, upload and crop your Passport photo in the Kmart photo app. You can then print and pick it up in-store or get it delivered.
- Crop feature
- Printing in-store or home delivery
- No compliance check
- Takes longer than other apps
Passport ID Photo Maker Studio ( android & iOS)
The app facilitates the cropping of photographs for passports, Visas, ID documents and driving licenses for a number of countries.
- Crop feature
- JPEG and PNG compatibility
- Add both your name and the date
- Similarly priced to local photo printing retailers
- Best features require Pro version
- Country-specific requirements are not listed
Passport Size Photo Maker
Passport Size Photo Maker includes a wide array of photo editing tools. You can enhance white balance, change the background, adjust brightness and saturation and much more.
- Pre-defined sizes to choose from
- Free and paid service
- Use images from social media
- Simple and easy to use
- Advertisements can get in the way
- No background removal tool
Passport Photo – ID Photo
Among the most user-friendly of all apps, ID Photo Free guides users through the process of taking the perfect photograph. The app features a number of editing tools that allows users to make the required adjustments.
- Photos reviewed for compliance
- Print and save photo in color for free
- Predefined photo sizes
- Variety of color options
- Ads can be annoying
- Not as many editing tools as other apps
2. Paid Apps (Android & iOS)
Smartphone iD App
If you want to create approved passport photos for your passport using your smartphone you can receive them via email or post. Smartphone iD is the first mobile app that allows users to take passport photos directly from a smartphone.
- Get a conform, verified photo for ID, passport and Visa via email or post
- Compatible with various countries around the world
- Quick and convenient, everything’s done for you
- Simple to use
- Best price for all-inclusive service
- No expert check is included in the free photo version
If you need a paid app for Australian Passport photos, you can try this one. Uses algorithmic checks for your photo and alerts you to problems.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Background removal
- Passport photos reviewed by iVisa expert to ensure compliance
- Selfie-like pictures only
- Service costs cannot be easily seen
How to Choose the Right App (to Take an Approved Passport Photo)?
Are you getting ready to take your Passport photos? If so, it’s important to choose the right app to help you out. Not all apps are created equal, and some are much better than others when it comes to taking Passport photos. So how do you choose the right one? Keep reading for some tips!
- Most free apps that are available in Android and iOS app stores only contain the most basic tools for editing your Passport photo yourself.
- Free apps can be unreliable and not provide the high-quality end product that is required for a Passport application
- Paid apps provide a higher level of service with extra guarantees like Smartphone iD’s government approval and refund guarantee.
- Paid apps employ professional staff to check your photo. Smartphone iD uses AI and biometric experts to make sure your photo is compliant with national requirements.
So whether you’re considering a free or paid app for your Passport application, it’s best to use the right tool for the job.
Consider using ‘Smartphone iD’ we are the experts at Passport photos.
We can guarantee your photo will be government approved and offer a money-back guarantee if not! and make sure your photo is perfect using AI, biometric data analysis as well as professional examination.
We have been able to pass all standards for international travel with our services – so don’t wait another second before trying out ‘Smartphone iD’.
Which App to Use for a Baby Passport Photo?
When you’re preparing for your next trip, make sure to get a perfectly sized baby Passport photo. The process isn’t easy and can take some time but there is an easier way: Smartphone iD! This app will allow parents to take a Passport photo whenever their little one is ready in order to meet all requirements without hassle or delay.
Make sure to follow the requirements to get the end result that is compliant with the Australian Passport authority.
Australian Baby Passport Photo Requirements
- Ensure your baby’s face is entirely visible in the photo
- No deep shadows or glaring lights should obscure your baby’s face
- Head coverings and hats are forbidden except for medical or religious reasons
- No other person should be visible in the photo
- Make sure no objects (pacifiers) are obscuring the baby’s face
- Ensure your baby faces the camera directly on and center your baby in the frame
- It is acceptable if the baby’s eyes are not open or partially open.
- Make sure the baby has a neutral expression
If you don’t want to have to think about these baby Passport photo requirements: use ‘Smartphone iD’!
Tips you should consider when taking a baby Passport photo
- You download ‘Smartphone iD’
- Put a white blanket behind your baby
- Make sure your baby has a neutral expression
- Ensure there is no one in the background or any object obscuring your baby’s face
- Take a photo of your baby
- We’ll do the rest to make sure your photo is compliant with all requirements
What are the Best Passport Photo Apps in Australia?
We all know that getting a Passport is a necessary step in international travel. But what about when you need to take your passport photo? That’s where Passport photo apps come in handy! Check out this list of the best Passport photo apps in Australia to help make the process easier.
It’s important to note that the best Passport photo apps are paid because they offer the highest quality service.
- Smartphone iD: Get certified photos, verified by our biometrics experts, with digital (email) or printed delivery. We offer a great competitive price with government approval and a money-back guarantee.
- PhotoAiD: Background removal and a photo check for your Passport photo.
- iVisa Photos: Uses algorithmic checks for your photo and alerts you to problems.
When shopping for the best Passport photo app, you need to make sure they have AI checks and expert reviews. Additionally, there should be a money-back guarantee with 24/7 customer support in case something goes wrong and this is exactly what makes ‘Smartphone iD’ so perfect!
Can You Take Your Passport Photo Using Smartphone iD App?
It is now much simpler than ever before: just download ‘Smartphone iD’ and we will take care of everything from start to finish.
- Download ‘Smartphone iD’ on compatible phones, available on iOS and Android
- Take a photo using the app, ‘Smartphone iD’ will guide you through the process
- Select which country you want to produce a photo for, Australia in this case
- Select which document type you want the photo for (Passport, driving license, visa etc.)
- Receive photos digitally via email, as soon as our AI and experts approve them
- Use these digital copies to print them yourself. Or, you can use our printing service, to make it even easier
If you’re looking for an app that will take high-quality Passport photos, we recommend using a paid app like ‘Smartphone iD’. Our app provides pre-approved Passport photos that the Australian Passport Office is guaranteed to accept. With ‘Smartphone iD’, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your passport photo will be accepted without any issues.
Have you tried using a paid Passport photo app?
Can I take my own photo for Australian Passport?
You can, just make sure you follow all the requirements or use an app that can guide you through the process like ‘Smartphone iD’
Can I take a Passport photo with my smartphone?
Yes. Download ‘Smartphone iD’ and follow the 6-step guide above to start taking pre-approved Australian Passport photos today!
What’s the best Passport photo app?
With so many photo apps out there, it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. The best Passport photos should have AI checks and expert reviews alongside a money-back guarantee with 24/7 support; ‘Smartphone iD’ has all of those features!
Can I take a Passport photo with my iPhone?
Yes. If you’re ready to start the process of getting your Australian Passport photos taken, download ‘Smartphone iD’ and follow these easy steps.
Does Officeworks do digital Passport photos?
Unfortunately, Officeworks does not provide digital Passport photos.