Any type of visa requires that you provide two photographs in addition to the required paperwork, no matter what sort of visa you are applying for. Applicants for Schengen visas are required to submit TWO photographs for identity purposes. For your Basic Required Documents, photographs need to adhere to certain requirements regarding their size, format, and orientation.
You can get your Schengen Visa photo by using our app without worrying about your picture being rejected. Download our app now and get your photos in an hour on your email address or on your mailing address.
Basic requirements for a Schengen visa photo size are stated as follows:
- Passport-sizing (3.5 x 4.5 cm).
- A recent photograph of you (i.e., your normal appearance/natural skin tone) (within the past 6 months).
- The photograph must be taken against a background that is completely white, and there should be no other persons or things in the frame.
- Only photograph your face and the tops of your shoulders.
- Your head must be turned forward so that all of your facial features are visible (i.e. not obscured by hair or accessories such as sunglasses) and cover 32-36mm (70-80 percent) of the photo (if you normally wear (non-tinted) eyeglasses, you may wear them in the photo as long as the frames do not obscure any part of your eyes).
- Keep a calm expression on your face, with your mouth closed but your eyes looking up front ahead (if red-eye occurs, it must be digitally removed).
- While head coverings worn for religious purposes are acceptable, the totality of your facial features, from your chin all the way up to your eyes, must be visible at all times. Please keep this in mind. It’s possible that the cloth from your headwear is just covering the very top of your forehead if the picture is of you.
- The photographs must have a standard level of clarity and sharpness, as well as contrast and brightness