How to apply for a driving licence?
The available method of applying for your license is by post. Ensure that you have a provisional license with you when applying. The following is the process when applying:
- An applicant must fill in a declaration on their driving test pass certificate.
- An applicant must fill the form D1 for application for a driving license.
- An applicant must provide original documents to prove their identity.
- An applicant must provide passport photographs in a case where they have paper provisional licenses.
- Applicant must send their provisional license and documentation to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.
The D1 form is available in most post offices.
The DVLA postal address is as follows:
It is important to note that once you have passed the practical driving test, you ought to apply for a full driving license within 2 years. Failure to do so will require you to re-take your practical driving test.
What documents you need to apply
The following are documents required when applying for a full license:
- A photo card provisional licence
- Identification documents
- Passport Photograph if you have a paper provisional license
Click here, to learn more about the driving licence in the UK.