If you want to enjoy free public services in Ireland, you should get a Public Service Card. In this piece, we guide you through the steps to apply for a Public Service Card in Ireland. And make sure to submit the required documents that we talk about here for successful registration.
How to Apply For Public Service Card in Ireland
There are some steps to follow when applying for Public Services Card in Ireland. Check out the correct procedure to get your PSC below:
Request for Registration Appointment
The very first step to get Public Service Card in Ireland is to register at a PSC or SAFE registration center. To this end, you should check out the PSC registration centers list and select a center that is in your locality.
Additionally, you should note that PSC/SAFE registration centers in Ireland differ in terms of their services. While some centers offer walk-in service, other centers require applicants to book appointments ahead of registration.
Register at A PSC or Safe Registration Center
If the PSC/SAFE registration center near you requires applicants to make appointments, you should obey accordingly.
After making an appointment, note the registration date and ensure to meet up with the scheduled time.
During registration, the officials will take your photograph and your signature will also be taken.
And perhaps you are unable to meet up with the scheduled appointment, you can reach out to the PSC/SAFE registration center around you, requesting for another date.
The Required Documents to Apply For Public Service Card in Ireland
Before registering you for Public Service Card in Ireland, the officials will request for the following documents:
- A letter of confirmation of appointment for PSC registration
- Social Services Card (this is optional)
- Documents proving your identity
- Documents proving your address
Now that you are aware of the basic documents needed for PSC registration, let’s examine documents proving your identity and address in details.
Documents Proving Your Address
Before you can register for and enjoy the benefits of PSC in Ireland, you must prove your residency in the country. Thus, any of the following documents will suffice as proof of address:
- Property lease or tenancy agreement
- A copy of household utility bill
- Bank financial statement stating your address
- If you don’t have any of the above documents, you can opt for third party confirmation of address. And such person can be the property owner or manager.
- Persons living with a friend or family need to provide the original household bill and a note from the holder confirming your residency.
Documents Proving Your Identity
- If you are an Irish citizen born in Ireland, you can provide a valid copy of your Irish passport, driving licence or learner diver permit.
- If your citizenship is through naturalization or foreign birth registration, you need to submit a valid copy of your Irish passport or certificate of naturalization. An Irish learner driver permit or driving licence also suffices
- Irish citizens born in Northern Ireland need to submit a valid passport or birth certificate
- EU/EEA citizens only need to provide a valid passport or national identity card
- Non-EU/EEA citizens must tender current passport or 1951 travel document
Other Documents to Submit For Public Service Card Application in Ireland
If you don’t have a current Irish passport, you can take the following documents along as proof of identity.
- Copy of your European Health Insurance Card
- Copy of a valid travel pass
- Student card
- Valid credit or debit card
- A valid medical card
Documents That Are Not Accepted For Public Service Card Registration in Ireland
When applying for PSC in Ireland, certain documents will not be considered as proof of identity or address. Some of these documents are:
- Expired documents
- ID card from your workplace
- Garda form ML-10
- Garda Age Card
- Baptismal certificate
- Photocopied certificates or documents
What Is Public Service Card Processing Time in Ireland?
After registering for Public Service Card in Ireland, the authorities will process your application and deliver the card to your doorstep.
Typically, it takes about 7-10 working days to process Public Service Card in Ireland.
What Is The Cost Of a Public Service Card In Ireland?
Public Service Cards are absolutely free in Ireland. You don’t need to pay a dime if you are eligible for PSC.
Where to Get a Public Service Card Photo Fast & Cheap In Ireland
Irish applicants are required to submit approved photos when applying for PSC. If you need cheap Public Service Card photo, you should think Smartphone iD. Apart from the app’s simplicity, it allows you to create verified photos in few minutes.
Follow these steps to create Public Service Card photo with Smartphone iD:
Step #1: Download the app. It can be downloaded from the Apple of Android store.
Step #2: Select the country for the document. Ex: Ireland
Step #3: Select the document type. Ex: PSC
Step #4: Take the photo using your device and the in-app instructions.
Step #5: Have the photo emailed or printed and shipped to your home.
Smartphone iD is not only easy-to-use, but it also provides expert verification, in-app sizing and editing, and affordable prices! If you want to fastest way to take your passport photo, you should opt to use the Smartphone iD app.
So there you go! You are now aware that the process of getting Public Service Card in Ireland is not tedious. You only need to present the necessary documents and submit approved photos for your PSC.
To save time and money, you should download the Smartphone iD app on your android or iOS device. Take a valid photo, get delivery and submit it with other supporting documents at a PSC registration center near you.
How Long Does It Take To Get Public Service Card (PSC) In Ireland?
It takes about 7-10 working days to get PSC in Ireland
How Much Is Public Service Card (PSC) In Ireland?
Public Service Card is free in Ireland
Where Can I Get Public Service Card In Ireland?
PSC/SAFE registration centers offer PSC registration services in Ireland
Where Can I Get Cheap Public Service Card Photo In Ireland?
Smartphone iD lets you create approved Public Service Card photo
Can Another Person Use My Public Service Card?
No. Only the holder of a PSC enjoys its benefits