As per the Name, Ireland’s National Age Card is proof of age for all individuals above 18 years of age. The National Age card is necessary when buying alcohol, and they are a must to show that you have reached the legal age to purchase. Don’t worry if you still can’t find the proper steps you need to follow to apply for your National Age Card. Read along to find out how –
What Information Does my Age Card Includes?
Remember that Ireland’s National Age Card is not an identity card, and it is just proof to show you age. The card is not valid for anything other than purchasing alcohol legally from the stores. And this is the information that will show up on your Age Card –
• It will have your name.
• It will show your Date of Birth.
• It will have a photograph of you.
The bottom part includes your security features such as a hologram, magnetic stripe encoded onto the card, or an embossed symbol.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for Ireland’s National Age Card?
If you are a citizen of Ireland and above the age of 18 years, you are eligible to apply for National Age Card.
What is the cost of applying for Ireland’s National Age Card?
Be it an application to apply for a new Age Card or renew the lost age card, the candidate has to pay a sum of €10 for it. The payment is only valid through the online transaction, and you can use any of the following for your payment:
What are the documents required to apply for National Age Card?
When visiting your local Garda Station, you have to bring these documents to apply for your National Age Card:
- You need to have your birth certificate, Passport, or you can also show your Irish Residence Permit Card.
- You should have one more form for identification.
- One passport size photograph and it should be recent.
What are the Steps to Apply for an Age Card in Ireland?
The Intoxicating Liquor Act 1988 (Age Card) Regulations 2007 provision for this voluntary National Age Card scheme. To apply for the Age Card, here are the steps you need to follow –
- Go to https://www.agecard.ie/forms/home/, and find the button that says “Apply Now” sitting at the top of the screen.
- Fill all your details into the form and ensure all the spellings and information that can lead to rejection.
- Move on to the payment options and select your preferred method of payment.
- You can use a debit card or credit card or an Age Card Voucher (can be bought from the post office).
- The completed form will show up at the address you mentioned in the form.
- Once you get the form, you must bring all the required documents to the Garda Station. The records include an id document, your passport photo, your Irish Residence Permit Card, or your Passport.
- Sign the application form and put the passport photo in the given column.
- Hand the filled application to the Garda, and once they are satisfied with all your documents, they will authenticate your application.
- Once authenticated, it will move to the card-issuing body, and the Age Card will be shipped to the given address within ten working days.
How to Replace a Missing Age Card?
The application process is the same, and even the cost of renewing a lost card is the same. You only have to inform at the Garda station about the loss or theft of your card. Here are the steps you need to follow –
- Go to the official website – https://www.agecard.ie/forms/home/ Pay a total fee of €10 via recommended payment methods, i.e., credit card, debit card, or an Age Card Voucher.
- Once you have completed the form, you will receive the hard copy at the given address.
- Bring all your documentation with the completed form to your local Garda Station.
- Inform and report the lost Age Card and hand over the documents to them for authentication within three months.
- They will record the report on the Garda Pulse System, and you will get your renewed Age Card at the given address in 10 working days.
Where to get a photo for the age card in Ireland?
Smartphone iD is your one-stop solution for valid photos at home. It’s an app available on Android and iPhone. Take unlimited shots to get a photo that you like, and once our software and team have approved it, receive it shortly in your email and/or within a few days – in your mailbox.
Our artificial intelligence and human control system guarantee 100% that your photo will be accepted and conform to the mandatory ICAO standards and the standards of Ireland’s Passport service.