Are you a US passport holder and thinking of visiting Indonesia? You are definitely in luck today. This article guides you on how to apply for Indonesia visa from the United States. Don’t miss any step!
Do US Citizens Need To Apply For Indonesia Visa?
There are no exceptions for US citizens in terms of Indonesia visa. If you want to visit Indonesia from US, you must apply for and subsequently be granted a visa. And perhaps you are visiting Indonesia for tourism or family visitation, you can request for a visa-on-arrival.
Types of Indonesia Visitor Visa
For US passport holders looking to visit Indonesia, there are three (3) types of Indonesia visa:
- Single-Entry Visa
- Multiple-Entry Visa
- Visa On Arrival
Requirements to Enter Indonesia Using Visitor Visa
If you want to visit Indonesia on visitor visa, you should take note of the following requirements:
- A passport valid for not less than 6 months from the time of entry into Indonesia
- Residence permit (for persons who are not US citizens)
- Passport photos (the approved dimensions are 3cm x 4cm or 4cm x 6cm)
- Letter of invitation (if applicable)
- Proof of sufficent finances
- Proof of payment of visa application fee
How to Apply For Indonesia Visa Online?
The Indonesian authorities have created an online alternative to apply for visitor visa. Follow these steps accordingly to get your Indonesia visa without hassles:
- You need to create a visitor visa account on the Indonesia immigration website. So you should access https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/
- Next, go to the main page, select “Apply”, then “Register”
- Before your account is activated, you must fill in your details and upload the necesssary documents
- After uploading your documents, you will get a verification email
- You can activate the account by clicking “activate” on the verification email
- Once the account is activated, you can login
- Click on “main page”, then “apply”
- At this stage, you should fill in the necessary details such as visa type and arrival information
- Make sure to input where you’d be staying in Indonesia
- After filling the required data, you need to pay the required fees
- To make payment for Indonesia visa, there is a “payment confirmation” page you should access
- Ensure to make payment for your visa within 120 minutes
- Failure to pay within the stipiulated 120 minutes will result in the system declining your payment
- Bear in mind that you can only make payment for Indonesia visa with Mastercard, Visa Card and JCB credit card.
- If you are using JCB credit card, ensure that it has a “3D Secure System”
- Your JCB credit card must also be efficient for international transactions
- Upon successful payment of visa fee, your Indonesia visitor visa will be available in your account
- Ensure to have hardcopy prints of your visitor visa. This is because the Immigration officials at the ports will verify your visa before entry into Indonesia.
Documents Needed For Indonesia Visa
When applying for Indonesia visa, you are expected to submit these documents:
- Valid Passport-size photos (such photos must meet the Indonesia visa photo requirements)
- Proof of travel arranagements
- Evidence of hotel or accomodation confirmation in Indonesia
- Employment Letter (If you secured in Indonesia)
- Invitation Letter to Indonesia.
Indonesia Visa Fees
Indonesia visa fees differ according to the type of visa that applicants are requesting. Check out the price of each type of Indonesia visa in this table:
|Single-entry Tourist Visa||USD 50|
|Multiple-entry Tourist/Visit/Business Visa||USD 100|
|Limited Stay Visa||USD 50 (Six months visa)USD 90 (One year visa)USD 160 (Two years)|
|Visa on Arrival||USD 35|
Processing Time of Indonesia Visa
After submitting your application for Indonesia visa and making the necessary payment, it takes about 7-8 working days to get the visa on a normal service. And this waiting period is excluding the submission day.
On the other hand, you will get Indonesia visa approval in 4-5 working days if you want expedited approval.
Where to Get Passport Photo for Your Indonesia Visa ( cheap & quick)
Do you want to get approved passport photo for Indonesia visa, you’ve come to just the right place. Smartphone iD lets you create valid visa photos in the comfort of your room at a low price.
To enjoy the app’s premium features, follow the steps below:
Step #1: Download the app. It can be downloaded from the Apple of Android store.
Step #2: Select the country for the document. Ex: Indonesia
Step #3: Select the document type. Ex: passport
Step #4: Take the photo using your device and the in-app instructions.
Step #5: Have the photo emailed or printed and shipped to your home.
Smartphone iD is not only easy-to-use, but it also provides expert verification, in-app sizing and editing, and affordable prices! If you want to fastest way to take your passport photo, you should opt to use the Smartphone iD app.
There you go! You are now better-informed on how to get Indonesia visa from the United States. Just make sure to comply with the requirements and trust Smartphone iD to help you with verified visa / passport photos.
What Is The Validity Period Of Visitor Visa To Indonesia?
Indonesia visa is valid for 90 days only
Where Can I Get Visa Photo In US?
Smartphone iD guarantees quality and approved visa photo
How Long Does It Take To Get Indonesia Visa?
It takes 7-8 working days to get the visa on a normal service, and 4-5 days on emergency service
Can I Get Visa-On-Arrival in Indonesia
Yes. US citizens enjoy the Indonesia visa-on-arrival arrangement
How Much Is Indonesia Visa?
Indonesia Single-entry Tourist Visa costs USD 50