Thinking about seeing the sights and experiencing fine European cuisine? You might need a Schengen Visa. In this article, we’ll answer all your Schengen Visa photo near me questions.
When do I Need a Schengen Visa Photo?
Although Visa-free travel has been established between the United States and the 26 countries of the Schengen Area, there are still some circumstances in which you will need to apply for a Schengen Visa.
Who should apply for a Schengen Visa:If you
- are a US citizen, you do not need to apply for a Schengen Visa.
- have a US Green Card but you are a citizen of a country that has a Visa-free travel agreement with the Schengen Area, you do not need to apply for a Schengen Visa.
- are a foreign national with a US Green Card:
- You need to apply for a Schengen Visa if your country does not have a Visa-free travel agreement with the Schengen Area.
- You need to apply for a Schengen Visa if you have been denied entry to the Schengen Area before.
If you meet the requirements for having to apply for a Schengen Visa, you’ll need a compliant photo for your Schengen Visa application. Make sure you follow all the requirements when you take your photo.
If you’re not sure how to get a compliant photo, use ‘Smartphone iD’.
Scroll to the bottom to find out more!
How to Get a Schengen Visa Photo Near Me?
When going through the process of applying for a Schengen Visa, the quickest way to get a compliant photo is to find where you can get one near you.
If you’re struggling to find out where you can get a compliant Schengen Visa photo, try these steps:
- Try an online search for “Schengen Visa photos near me”
- Look out for pharmacies or large convenience stores near you. You can usually find a store by using their online store locator in your area. See below for examples:
- Phone up pharmacies or large convenience stores to find out the locations of their photography services.
- Find local photo studios that are set up for Schengen Visa photos.
- Smartphone iD: From the comfort of your home, download ‘Smartphone iD’ to take easy Passport photos. All photos are dual-certified by AI and biometrics experts. Government approval is guaranteed or your money back.
Make sure that when you find a place near you for a Schengen Visa photo, ensure they’re set up for Schengen Visa photos as they are different to US Visa photos.
Check the requirements section to find out more information.
Cheap Places to Get Schengen Visa Photos in the US
Getting a Schengen Visa photo shouldn’t have to be difficult or expensive, we’ve compiled a list of the cheapest places that you can use to get a compliant Schengen Visa photo.
Cheapest Places to Get a Schengen Visa Photo:
- Smartphone iD: Get certified photos, verified by our biometrics experts, with digital (email) or printed delivery. We offer a great competitive price and a money-back guarantee.
- Walmart Photo Center: upload your compliant photo and pick up two copies in-store. Cheap, but you need to have your own photo to use this option, and there’s no compliance check.
You can get pre-approved Schengen Visa photos from the comfort of your home using the ‘Smartphone iD’ app. We offer guaranteed government approval and a full money-back guarantee if your photo is rejected (unlikely).
How to Get a Schengen Visa Photo Online?
Free online Schengen Visa photo tool
idphoto4you: Produce a Schengen Visa photo for your travels. You can crop your photo once uploaded, though there is no check for compliance.
persofoto: Either use a webcam or upload your photo to resize it via this website. You can reposition your photo using the keyboard and zoom function. Once finished, you can download your photo.
Passport ID Photo Maker Studio: You can make Schengen Visa photos using this app. Doesn’t include a compliance check for your photo.
Schengen Visa photo tool reasonable price
Smartphone iD: Get certified photos, verified by our biometrics experts, with digital (email) or printed delivery. We offer a great competitive price and a money-back guarantee.
:123passportphoto: Upload a photo, edit it through the website then download your Schengen Visa photo for a fee.
Remember that when you apply for a Schengen Visa, it’s important to comply with all the requirements for your Schengen Visa photo. Use a professional option as your solution.
‘Smartphone iD’ is a high-quality app that allows you to have dual-certified (AI, biometrics experts) Schengen Visa photos. It’s cheap, secure, and quick.
Scroll to the bottom to find out how to start taking Schengen Visa photos today!
What are the Requirements For a Schengen Visa Photo?
If you want to take your own Schengen Visa photos, ensure you follow the requirements below for the best outcome in your application. If you fail to comply with the standards of the Schengen Visa photos, it’s likely your application could be refused or delayed.
- If you take your own photo, the photo must be sharp with no visible pixels or printing errors.
- Your photo should not be taken more than six months before your application
- Ensure your face is entirely visible in the photo
- No deep shadows or glaring lights should obscure your face
- Head coverings and hats are forbidden except for medical or religious reasons (as long as they do not obscure facial features)
- Jewellery is not permitted to be worn in your Schengen Visa photos
- The suggested background colour is grey
- You shouldn’t wear uniform
- You should avoid wearing colors that match the background in your photo
- Keep a neutral expression for the Schengen Visa photos
- Face the camera directly on and center yourself in the frame
- Make sure your eyes are clearly visible
Schengen Visa Photo Size
For a Schengen Visa photo, there is a particular size requirement to be compliant.
Schengen Visa Photo Size Requirements:
- Schengen Visa photos must be 35mm wide (1 3/8 inches) x 45mm high (1 3/4 inches)
- In the Schengen Visa photo, your head must take up 70-80% of the photo.
To get the right size in your Schengen Visa photos, use ‘Smartphone iD’. Whether you need your photos straightened, the photo size and scale corrected and the background removed, ‘Smartphone iD’ will handle it. All complying with national regulations.
What is the Cost of a Schengen Visa Photos?
Typical prices for Schengen Visa photos are between $7 USD-$20 USD depending on what photo option you choose. Photo studios can charge a lot more than this price range.
Convenience stores and pharmacies can provide reliable service but also tend to be quite expensive. Furthermore, they may not be set up for Schengen Visa photos. So make sure you shop around when looking for a Schengen Visa photos.
For a cheap, quick and secure solution, try ‘Smartphone iD’. Scroll down to find out more information.
Take Your Schengen Visa Photos at Home Using Your Phone
If you want a quick, cheap way to get pre-approved Schengen Visa photos, look no further. You don’t even need to leave your home to start right away!
Follow these steps to download and start using ‘Smartphone iD’ today:
- Download ‘Smartphone iD’ on compatible phones, available on iOS and Android
- Take a photo using the app, ‘Smartphone iD’ will guide you through the process
- Select which country you want to produce a photo for
- Select which document type you want the photo for (Passport, driving license, Schengen Visa etc.)
- Receive photos digitally via email, as soon as our AI and experts approve them
- Use these digital copies to print them yourself. Or, you can use our printing service, to make it even easier
The best way to breeze through your Schengen Visa application process is to find the most convenient method of applying and getting a compliant photo.
We’ve designed ‘Smartphone iD‘ to be really easy to use as well as being a service you can totally rely on. Scroll up and follow the steps to start now.
Can I use Passport photos for Schengen Visa?
You can, as long as it is compliant with all the requirements for a Schengen Visa.
Can you smile for Schengen Visa?
You cannot smile for a Schengen Visa.
How long does Schengen Visa take?
Once you’ve applied it can take up to 30 days for the Visa to be processed. However, if your photo or application isn’t compliant it can take up to 60 days.
Are the specifications for France Visa photos the same as the Schengen Visa photos?
Yes, the specifications are the same.
Can I use my American 2 x 2 inch size photo for the Schengen Visa?
Unfortunately, you’ll have to take a photo that is compliant with the size requirements which are:
- 35mm wide (1 3/8 inches) x 45mm high (1 3/4 inches)
Can I print my Schengen Visa photos using my home printer?
You can, but you need to make sure the photo is compliant with the requirements. You can always use our optional printing service which is really convenient.
How to resize the Schengen Visa photos?
Use our app ‘Smartphone iD’ to get your photos certified by experts and automatically resized. They will be compliant with national requirements.