So you want to live in the US? Make sure you get a US Visa photo taken the right way. There are so many photo requirements it can be hard to get them right. If you choose a professional service, you’re going to take a step in the right direction. Use this article to help you find out how to get a US Visa photo size online the right way.
How to Get a US Visa Photo Size Online
If you’re looking to edit your US Visa photo online, there are plenty of websites that you can use to make the photo the correct size. Make sure your photo is compliant before going to the effort of cropping it to the right size.
If your photo isn’t compliant, it is likely that it will be rejected, and you’ll have to start your application again.
For making your photo the right size, there are a few ways to do it:
- Android & iOS App: Smartphone iD, Passport Photo ID
- Software tools: Department of State’s online photo tool
If you want an easy way to make the perfect US Visa photo size, you should try our app ‘Smartphone iD’.
All you need to do is download it on your phone and take photos guided by the app. Our experts will check your photos and send them to you, fully certified. If they’re somehow not approved, we’ll give you a full refund.
US Visa Photo App (Android, iOS)
Whether you have an Android smartphone or an Apple smartphone, there are solutions for creating a correctly sized US Visa photo. Let’s take a look at them.
- Passport Photo-ID (Android): You can use this app to take photos for passports, drivers licence, visas, and IDs. You can format your photos through the app and resize them. You will need to take your photo in front of a white background and make sure they’re compliant.
- PhotoAiD(Android): You can crop photos using this app, you can also check if the photos are compliant.
- Passport Photo-ID (iOS): This app contains templates for more than 100 countries, through the app you can format, save and print photos that can be used for official identification documents.
- PhotoAiD(iOS): Includes compliancy check with the ability to format your photos for a US Visa.
Android & iOS
- Smartphone iD: You can easily take pre-approved photos through our app. Once our AI has checked your photo, our experts will double check. Get digital or printed delivery. We offer a great competitive price and a money back guarantee.
Which Photo Crop Tool to Choose for US Visa?
If you’ve already got your photo compliancy sorted, all you need to do is crop your photo to make sure it adheres to the size requirements. We’ve put together a list of photo crop tools for US Visas:
- Department of State’s free photo tool: This online tool is meant for automatic cropping of your US Visa photo only. A Department of State employee will decide whether your photo is compliant on your application.
- www.persofoto.com: Either use a webcam or upload your photo to resize it via this website. You can reposition your photo using the keyboard and zoom function. Once finished, you can download your photo.
- www.idphoto4you.com: You can choose which country to produce an identification document photo for. You can crop your photo once uploaded, though there is no check for compliancy.
Sure you can use the free options, but when applying for a US Visa, do you really want to risk getting rejected?
Yes, you can use a free cropping tool online, however, that doesn’t guarantee that your US Visa photo will be accepted. So it’s best to use a paid professional method.
There is an all-in-one solution called ‘Smartphone iD’. It’s cheap, secure and easy to use. You can get pre-approved photos through biometrics experts for any country from the comfort of home. If for some reason your photo isn’t accepted, get a full refund!
Scroll to the bottom for more information.
US Visa Photo Editor (Free and Reasonable Price)
If you’ve taken a photo for a US Visa but think it needs retouching, there are some ways to do this. Whether you need background removal, red eye removal or cropping, these can be accomplished through certain websites.
- tsg.phototool.state.gov/photo: This is the official Department of State’s photo tool. You can use this to see examples of compliant photos. You can also upload your photo for automatic cropping. There is no compliancy check however.
3. Reasonable Price
- Smartphone iD: Get certified photos, verified by our biometrics experts, with digital (email) or printed delivery. We offer a great competitive price and a money back guarantee.
- Visafoto:You can fix background and contrast issues using this website. You have to pay if you want photos without watermarks.
- 123passportphoto: No background removal, but you can create most identification document photos with this website.
US Visa Photo Requirements
If you want to have a go at taking your own US Visa photo, you’ll need to adhere to all the requirements that the United States government sets out on their Department of State website.
- If you take your own photo, the photo must be sharp with no visible pixels or printing errors.
- Ensure your face is entirely visible in the photo
- No deep shadows or glaring lights should obscure your face
- Head coverings and hats are forbidden except for medical or religious reasons
- Keep a neutral expression for the photo
- Face the camera directly on and center yourself in the frame
- Make sure your eyes are clearly visible
US Visa Photo Size Requirements
- A US Visa photo must be 2 inches x 2 inches in size
- In the Visa photo, your head must be centred and between 1 inch and 1.4 inches in size
If you’re using the online application upload service: your photo
- Must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- File size must be equal to or less than 240 kilobytes
- Must be in a square aspect ratio, so the height and width are the same
- Must be 600×600 pixels in dimension
If you scan a physical photo for online upload:
- Your photo must be 2 inches x 2 inches
- Make sure the scan resolution is 300 pixels per inch (ppi) or 12 pixels per millimeter
We all make mistakes, because it’s so easy to forget about the small details! If you use ‘Smartphone iD’, you can be sure that your US Visa photo will be 100% certified for your application.
We use dual certification as our app’s artificial intelligence checks your photo as well as our in-house biometrics experts.
How to Get a Photo for Visa Near Me?
Want to find out where you can get a US Visa photo in your area? You can try these tips to help.
- Try an online search for “US Visa photos near me”
- Look out for pharmacies or large convenience stores near you. You can usually find a store by using their online store locator in your area.
- Phone up pharmacies or large convenience stores to find out the locations of their photography services.
Remember, you don’t have to leave the house to take quality US Visa photos. You can take them with your smartphone. Read below to find out how.
Take Your US Visa Photo With Your Phone
Did you know you can take US Visa photos on your smartphone that are guaranteed to be accepted?
Follow these easy steps to do it today!
- Download ‘Smartphone iD’ on compatible phones, available on iOS and Android
- Take a photo using the app, ‘Smartphone iD’ will guide you through the process
- Select which country you want to produce a photo for
- Select which document type you want the photo for (Passport, driving license, visa etc.)
- Receive photos digitally via email, as soon as our AI and experts approve them
- Use these digital copies to print them yourself. Or, you can use our printing service, to make your Canadian Passport photo even easier
Not sure about ‘Smartphone iD’? Don’t worry, we offer a full money back guarantee if your photos aren’t accepted (unlikely).
There are loads of helpful websites out there for editing and cropping to get the right US Visa photo size online, but they don’t check whether your photo is compliant or not. It’s so easy to take a US Visa photo on your phone, especially when there’s an all-in-one app like ‘Smartphone iD’.
Our app makes sure you get an expert check and it’s cheap and easy to use. Why not give it a try?
What is the size of photo for US Visa?
The United States Visa photo size requirement is:
- 2 inches x 2 inches
Where can I get a US Visa photo taken?
Most convenience stores or pharmacies will have an online store locator so you can find out where they offer US Visa photo services.
How Can I take photo for US Visa?
You can easily take a US Visa photo from home by downloading ‘Smartphone iD’.
Scroll up to find out how to do it.
Does Walmart take Visa photos?
Yes, they do, but make sure to find out which stores offer photo services, as well as opening times and prices.
Can I take a Visa photo on my phone?
Yes! It’s really easy. Just download ‘Smartphone iD’. Everything you need to know is in the app. If you’re unsure, you can follow the 6 steps above the ‘Summary’ section.