Are you looking to get passport photos in Halifax? If so, we created this article full of helpful tips and tricks for getting the cheapest and best passport photo. Therefore, keep reading as a passport photo is an essential part of your application, and we want you to get the best deal possible!
Where to get passport photos in Halifax?
Halifax has many options for stores that take passport photos. Hence, here is a list of some places you might consider visiting.
- Walmart: A large retail chain with multiple locations across Canada and in Halifax
- 610 6th St
- 220 Chain Lake Dr
- 6990 Mumford Road
- Shoppers Drug Mart: a pharmacy chain in Canada that has a number of locations across Canada and in Halifax.
- 5524 Spring Garden Road
- 278 Lacewood Drive
- 6960 Mumford Road Unit 0115
- 6025 Almon Street
- Photo Booth: Self-service booths located across the province and allow users to take their passport photo.
- 42 Peter Buckley Drive
- 5486 Spring Garden Road
- 142 N Green Road
- Photo Studios: Local photo studios that are managed by professional photographers and offer passport photo services.
- 120 Susie Lake Crescent Unit 18
- 51 Crozier Ct
- 1673 Barrington Street
- Smartphone iD: A highly advanced app for taking passport or visa ID photos from home. The app is available on Android or IOS devices.
Where to get a digital passport photo in Halifax?
You can get a digital passport from a few retail stores, pharmacies, and photo studios. However, you will need to ask in advance if you’d like the digital photo unless you use Smartphone iD. Here are some of the options:
1. Shopper’s Drug Mart
2. Henry’s Photo
4. Smartphone iD
Smartphone iD ensures that every photo taken will be immediately delivered to your email. In addition, if you’d like a printed version, you can opt to have the image printed on high-quality paper and shipped to your home address.
What are the cheap places to consider?
The costs of getting a passport photo in Halifax will depend on the store that you choose to use to visit for the service. With that in mind, here are a few places to consider:
- Shopper’s Drug Mart: $22
- Henry’s: $20
- Walmart: $13
- Smartphone iD: Low cost
Smartphone iD is the most affordable and convenient way of having a passport photo taken. It can be used from anywhere, so long as you have a smartphone device and an internet connection.
How to get a passport photo in Halifax online?
When taking a passport photo online, you can choose between using a free or paid tool. However, it is essential to note that a free passport photo tool will not guarantee a compliance check and you risk not having the photo accepted by the passport office.
Helpful tools to consider using for Passport photos online in Halifax
Using free tools
- idphoto4you: idphoto4you is a free online passport photo tool that can be used to take your picture. However, they do not provide a compliance check to ensure the photo meets government requirements.
- Passport Photo ID (Android/iOS): A free tool you can use to edit your Canadian Passport photos. There isn’t a compliance check though. You can take a photo or upload one to be able to edit them through the app.
Using Reasonable Price Tools
- Smartphone iD: Get certified photos, verified by our biometrics experts, with digital (email) or printed delivery. We offer a great competitive price and a money-back guarantee.
- www.123passportphoto.com: No background removal, but you can create most
identification document photos with this website.
- persofoto.com: Either use a webcam or upload your photo to resize it via this website. You can reposition your photo using the keyboard and zoom function. Once finished, you can download your photo.
What are the Passport Photo Requirements
The Canadian government has established a number of guidelines that must be followed for a photo to be accepted. Here are some tips to keep in mind when having the photo taken:
- A clear and in-focus image.
- Neutral facial expression. (don’t smile)
- Consistent lighting and no shadow or glare over your face.
- An unaltered photo that represents your authentic appearance.
- The photo is less than 12 months old.
- Your eyes must be visible in the photo. (avoid sunglasses or glasses)
- Head covering for religious reasons can be worn.
The Smartphone iD app provides an easy-to-use and in-app guide to assist in the photo process. So, you won’t need to worry about missing one of these requirements when taking your passport photo.
- The photo must have a width of 50 mm or 2 inches
- The photo must be 70 mm or 2 ¾ inches high
- The height of your face must be between 31 mm or 1 ¼ inches and 36 mm or 1 7/16
- The photo should be 420 x 540 pixels
Where to get a baby passport photo in Halifax?
If you need a baby passport photo, there are several Canadian stores and retail locations in Halifax that will offer this service.
Stores that offer baby passport photos
- Shopper’s Drug Mart
- Photo Studios (Book an appointment)
Stores that don’t offer baby passport photos
Here are some online services that offer baby passport photos
- Smartphone iD (IOS and Android)
Where to print a passport photo in Halifax?
If you want to print passport photo in Halifax, you will likely need to visit a store that offers printing services.
Costco is an example of one store that offers to print photos for only $0.17, but they will not take the picture for you.
Staples is another great choice for having your passport photo printed, and they will offer this service at all their participating locations.
Smartphone iD allows users to take a passport photo from their home and will ship professionally printed photos on high-quality paper to your home address.
How to take your passport photo in Halifax with your phone?
You can easily take your passport photo from the comfort of your own home. The app Smartphone iD lets users download an easy-to-use app from the Google Play or Apple store.
Nonetheless, Smartphone iD is compatible with both IOS and Android devices so most smartphone devices will work with the app. Here is an easy guide on taking the photo using Smartphone iD:
#1: Firstly, Download the app. It can be downloaded from the Apple of Android store.
#2: Secondly, Select the country for the document. Ex: Canada
#3: Thirdly, Select the document type. Ex: Passport
#4: Fourthly, Take the photo using your device and the in-app instructions.
#5: Finally, Have the photo emailed or printed and shipped to your home.
With that in mind, Smartphone iD is not only easy-to-use, but it also provides expert verification, in-app sizing and editing, and affordable prices! If you want to fastest way to take your passport photo, you should opt to use the Smartphone iD app.
There exist many options of different stores and services that will offer passport photos in Halifax. This includes Staples, Walmart, London Drugs, and photo studios in your area.
However, the most affordable and convenient service is the Smartphone iD app. It promises expert ai verification, low prices, and an easy process to have your photo completed. All you need to do is download the app and let it do the rest.
Where is the easiest place to get a passport photo?
The Smartphone iD app is the best way to have a passport photo take it lets users take a photo from home using their smartphone device. In addition to being the most affordable and efficient option.
Where can I get a digital photo for my passport taken?
The easiest option would be to download the Smartphone iD app and have your photo taken, printed and shipped to you without leaving home.
What is not allowed in a passport photo?
Don’t wear sunglasses, smile, or wear light-coloured clothes when taking a passport photo. The Smartphone iD app provides a guide that will help you to take the perfect passport photo.
Can I take a passport photo with my phone?
Yes, the Smartphone iD app lets users take a passport photo from home using their smartphone device. It is both affordable and efficient.
What is the best place to get a passport photo?
Smartphone iD is an easy-to-use and cheap app for taking a passport photo from home using a mobile device. It provides a guide and expert verification of the image afterwards.
Does Costco do Canadian passport photos?
No, Coscto stopped taking passport photos in 2021. The best alternative is to use the Smartphone iD app, which is low-cost and efficient.