Perhaps you are an Indian citizen living in Ireland. You’ve tried to renew your Indian passport but all efforts have proved abortive. You should worry less because we’ve got your back. Today, we guide you on how to apply for Indian passport renewal Ireland
Make sure to share this informative piece with your Indian friends!
Can an Indian Passport Be Renewed In Ireland?
It is not uncommon to see people ask if they can renew Indian passport in Ireland. Big thanks to the Indian authorities, you can renew Indian passport in any country including Ireland.
All you have to do is to go to the Indian embassy near you. The officials will help you with Indian passport renewal. Likewise, you can get replacement for lost passport.
How to Apply For Renewal of Indian Passport in Ireland?
If you want to renew Indian passport in Ireland, you can make application online by following these steps:
- Access the Indian passport service online on https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/. We strongly recommend that you use Internet Explorer for the best results
- After accessing the website, you need to select the country from where you are applying to renew Inidan passport. Here, you can click the Ireland flag and proceed to the next step
- If you have clicked the Ireland, the next step is to click “Register”. Then choose “Ireland-Dublin as the preffered Embassy or Consulate
- Further, you should register your account on the website
- After concluding your registration, you should login again on the webiste via “User Login”
- The next process after logging in is to click on “Apply for Ordinary Passport. At this stage, you are expected to fill an application form accordingly
- While entering the addresses, kindly note that the first should be your Indian address and the second should be an Irish (local) address
While filling out the application form, here are a few things you should note:
- You cannot modify the data after submission
- If you have filled out wrong details, you need to re-register on the website with new file numbers
- Make sure not to use special characters when filling out your details
- If your previous Indian passport was issued in India, you need to fill out the Personal Particulars Form
- Don’t use Special characters while entering details in the Online Registration form.
Supported Documents to Apply For Renewal of Indian Passport in Ireland
When submitting application to renew Indian passport in Ireland, applicants are required to produce the following documents:
- Three passport photos
- The passport photos must have white background
- The passport dimension is 2×2
- The filled out application form
- Personal Particulars Form (If your previous passport was issued in India)
- Valid copy of the expiring or expired Indian passport
- A self-attested copy of the passport’s front and last page
- Self-attested copy of valid visa
- Self-attested copy of GNIB card
- If the applicant is a minor, they must submit self-attested copies of their parents’ passports and GNIB cards
- Persons that’d like to change address on the new passport must present a document proving their new address
- For proof of address, documents such as utility bill, driving licence and bank statement will suffice
- For other changes, you need to submit the relevant documents too
How Long Does It Take For Indian Passport Renewal In Ireland?
After applying for Indian passport renewal, there’s usually a Police Verification Report carried out in India. And in most cases, you might need to wait for about 30 days for this veification.
Additionally, you need to wait extra 10 working days if you submitted your application via post.
Cost of Renewing Indian Passport in Ireland
The cost of Indian passport renewal in Ireland depends on the number of pages of the booklets.
Check out the categories below:
|Number Of Pages||Cost|
|36 pages booklet||€60|
|60 pages booklet||€75|
Where to Get Approved Indian Passport Photo at a Cheap Price
Do you recall we talked about submitting passport photos as part of the required documents for Indian passport renewal?
Well, to be at rest, Smartphone iD offers cheap and reliable passport photo services. The app has a biometrics team and AI in place to verify your photo and to ensure it compies with the Indian passport photo standards.
Follow these steps on how to use Smartphone iD:
Step #1: Download the app. It can be downloaded from the Apple of Android store.
Step #2: Select the country for the document. Ex: Indian
Step #3: Select the document type. Ex: passport photo
Step #4: Take the photo using your device and the in-app instructions.
Step #5: Have the photo emailed or printed and shipped to your home.
Smartphone iD is not only easy-to-use, but it also provides expert verification, in-app sizing and editing, and affordable prices! If you want to fastest way to take your passport photo, you should opt to use the Smartphone iD app.
You don’t need to go to India to renew your passport. Indeed, you can apply to renew your Indian passport in Ireland.
If you want your application to be appoved without hassles, submit the required documents including verified passport photos. And your best shot at getting approved and cheap passport photos is Smartphone iD.
Go to Apple or Android Store and download Smartphone iD immediately!
How Long Does It Take To Renew Indian Passport?
It takes about 30 days tpo process Indian passport application
Can I Renew Indian Passport In Ireland?
Yes. You can renew your passport at an Indian embassy or consulate in Ireland
Where Can I Get Cheap Passport Photos In Ireland?
Smartphone iD is a cheap app to get verified passport photos in Ireland
How Much Is Indian Passport Renewal In Ireland?
You can get 36 pages Indian passport for €60
Can I Change Address On New Indian Passport?
Yes. Just submit proof of your new address