Perhaps you want to submit photos for your Irish passport application but you are not aware of the requirements. Don’t sweat. This article aims to enlighten you on Ireland Passport Photo Requirement to note when submitting your passport photos to the authorities. We also talk about the top places to get your passport photos in Ireland.
Ireland Passport Photo Requirements for Adults
The Ireland Passport Office expects everyone submitting their passport photos to note certain specifications. Although the requirements are largely similar for adults and babies, they’ve got some peculiarities. Check out the Ireland passport photo requirements for adults.
Here are the general Ireland passport photo requirements:
- Photo background must be plain white
- Avoid patterns or shadows
- Photo should not be more than 6 months old
- Photo can be black and white or coloured.
- Do not smile in the photo
- Eyes must be visible
- Picture should not be blurry
- Wear headgear for religious purpose only
- Glasses are acceptable only if they do not obscure your face
- Keep your head straight
- Avoid white attire. Your cloth shouldn’t match the background
- Wear beards only if they are part of your everyday look
Ireland Passport Photo Requirements for Baby
The requirements for Irish baby passport photos are similar to rules applying to adults. However, there are a few exceptions you should note.
- If you want to take your baby’s passport photo in a car seat, ensure to cover the backrest with a white sheet. This cannot be overlooked.
- If you want to take baby passport photo on a bed, lay them on their back and do the needful with a white sheet as the background.
- Make sure that your baby’s eyes are opened and they should be in a great mood.
- Your hands should not show if you are holding your baby while taking passport photo
- If you want to hold your baby while taking the picture, make sure your hands are not showing in the photo.
- Remove items like toys, headwear and pacifiers from your baby.
Ireland Passport Photo Size
There’s a standard size for Irish passport photos that you must note. If you are submitting a digital passport copy, ensure that the photo is not larger than 9MB. A larger file might be rejected by system.
CM – Passport photo should be 3.5×4.5 cm
Pixels – Irish passport photo must not be less than 951 pixels in height and 715 pixels in width
Inches – Passport should have a minimum dimension of 35mm x 45 mm and maximum dimension of 38mm x 50mm.
Where to Get Passport Photos in Ireland
Getting standard Irish passport photo is easy if you know where to look. Here are top places to create passport photos that meet the Passport Office requirements.
1. Passport Photo Apps
You can get your Irish passport photos on photo apps. And the Smartphone iD app is the perfect alternative in this regard. How can you use this app to create passport photos? It’s pretty simple. Just get a compatible android or iOS device and download the Smartphone iD app. Take a picture, upload it, and let the app do the rest for you.
2. Photo Booths
Photo booths are perfect for your passport photo needs. All you need to do is enter a booth, pay the fee and take a photo. The booth ensures that your photo meets the Irish specifications. Use Shoot Booth at The Enterprise Centre, Mine Hill Ln, Ballycorus Rd, Tiknick, Dublin 18, D18 Y5W9, Ireland or Selfie Box Ireland at 5 River Cl, Hackettsland, Killiney, Co. Dublin, A96 A504, Ireland.
3. Photography Studios
There are photography studios in Ireland specializing in passport photos. They’ve been in business for some years and they understand the Passport Office requirements. Also, they’ve got the right equipment and expertise to meet your passport needs.
You can check out Frank Gavin Photography at 89 Lower Dorset Street Lower, Dublin 1, D01 HR28, Ireland. Mark Nixon also offers passport photo services at 62a Clontarf Rd, Clontarf, Dublin, D03 X6X9, Ireland.
How to Get Passport Photos Online
Nowadays, you don’t have to fix an appointment with photography studios or go to photo booths for Irish passport photo. You can get it online from the comfort of your home. There are passport photo apps that offer online services.
Smartphone iD tops the list of passport photo apps in Ireland. You can create passport photos that meet Ireland’s authorities’ specifications.
When you download the app and take a picture, the app ensures to add the appropriate background and other features. So, you have nothing to worry about when you use the
Where to Print Passport Photos in Ireland
If you want to submit hard copies of your photos to the Passport Office, you’d need to print them at a reputable place. Here are some of the places to print Irish passport photos.
Some pharmacies don’t just offer medical services. You can also use their passport photo printing services. They have quality printing machines and creative teams. Examples of pharmacies that know their onions here are Healy’s pharmacy at 1 Market St, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland, and Lloyds Pharmacy at George’s Street Upper, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, A96 KX06, Ireland.
2. Photo Studio
You can print your passport photos at photo studios in Ireland. They not only capture acceptable passport photos. They also help with printing quality passport photos meeting the Irish requirements.
Use PhotoCare Imaging LTD’s service at 31 Abbey Street Lower, North City, Dublin, D01 DK07, Ireland. You can also use Lalloo’s Digital Centre’s service at Clarehall Shopping Centre, Malahide Rd, Northern Cross, Dublin, Ireland.
3. Smartphone iD Printing Service
Smartphone iD is not only useful for creating passport photos that meet the Ireland Passport Office specifications. You can use the seamless printing service as well. After creating your photo, you can input your address and request that hard copy prints be delivered to your doorstep.
Cost of Passport Photo in Ireland
Passport photos are quite affordable in Ireland. You won’t have to spend a lot of money in creating quality passport photos. About €8-€10 will get you passport photos in Ireland.
Take Your Passport Photo (That Meets the Requirements) With Your Phone
It all begins with your smartphone! Start taking fully compliant Ireland Passport photos today by following our 6-step guide.
Here is how to use the app to take a passport photo That Meets the Requirements:
1. Download ‘Smartphone iD’ on compatible phones, available on iOS and Android
2. Take a photo using the app, ‘Smartphone iD’ will guide you through the process
3. Select which country you want to produce a photo for, Ireland in this case
4. Select which document type you want the photo for (Passport, driving license, visa etc.)
5. Receive photos digitally via email, as soon as our AI and experts approve them
6. Use these digital copies to print them yourself. Or, you can use our printing service, to make it even easier
It does not matter that you’ve fulfilled other requirements if your Ireland passport photos don’t meet the Passport Office specifications. Thus, you can put this burden on the Smartphone iD app. You will get the desired results after taking your photo. There’s a verification system in place to ensure that passport photo complies with the Passport Office requirements.
Just download the Smartphone iD app and let us guide you through the process.
Can I Wear Beards In Passport Photo?
Beards are permitted only if they are part of your everyday look
Are Irish Baby Passport Photo Requirements Different From Adults?
Irish baby passport photo requirements are largely similar to adults. Except for a few additions
Can My Baby Cry In Passport Photo?
No. Your baby’s facial expression should be neutral
What Alternative Can I Use In Place Of Plain White Background?
You can use light grey background
Where Can I Print Passport Photo?
You can use Smartphone iD printing service