PR card photos are essential to your PR application and must meet specific requirements. If you need a PR card photo, carefully read through all the advice we discuss in this article. We will be providing insight on all the PR card photo specification and what you should be careful about when submitting your application. Additionally, we will discuss Smartphone iD, an easy-to-use and cheap app that can take PR card photos that meet government requirements.
What are the PR card photo specifications?
PR photo card requirements vary based on the region you are applying to live in, but this article will provide some of the photo specifications:
Here are some tips to keep in mind when having the photo taken
- A clear and in-focus image.
- Neutral facial expression. (don’t smile)
- Consistent lighting and no shadow or glare over your face.
- An unaltered photo that represents your authentic appearance.
- The photo is less than 12 months old.
- Your eyes must be visible in the photo. (avoid sunglasses or glasses)
- Head covering for religious reasons can be worn.
The Smartphone iD app provides an easy-to-use, in-app guide to assist in the photo process. So, you won’t need to worry about missing one of these requirements when taking your pr photo.
- The photo must have a width of 50 mm or 2 inches
- The photo must be 70 mm or 2 ¾ inches high
- The height of your face must be between 31 mm or 1 ¼ inches and 36 mm or 1 7/16
- The photo should be 420 x 540 pixels
Pr card photo specification for Children
PR Card photo for children will be similar to the requirements for an adult. Therefore, the instructions described above will apply the same for a child. However, one difference is that babies can have their mouth slightly open in the photo. Newborns can also have their photo taken in a car seat, so long as a white blanket is laid behind.
Where to get a PR card photo in Canada (that meet the specification)
Several grocery stores, pharmacies, photo studios, and apps can be used to take your PR photo. That being said, we have compiled a list of a few places you might choose to visit:
- Store Hours: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Address: 7015 128 Street, Surrey
- 38 Stonemanse Ct
- 228 Markhan Road
- Store Hours: 9:00 am – 10:00 pm (Approximate)
- Address: 801-317 Adelaide Street W
- 134 Primrose Dr
- 215 Joseph Okemasis
- Hours: 24/7 support and availability
- Address: Take your photo without leaving the comfort of your home.
What to write on the back of the PR card photo?
A PR photo card must have some important information on the back for it to be accepted by the Canadian government. Here is what should be included:
- Full Name (of the person having their photo taken)
- Date of Birth
- Date the photo was taken
- Address of the photo studio
How to apply for a PR card?
You must meet several requirements to apply for a PR card in Canada.
- Be a permanent resident of Canada
- Be physically living in Canada
- Meet any residency requirements
- Not be a Canadian citizen
- Not be convicted of an offence related to misuse of a PR card
- Not under an effective removal order
If you have met these requirements, you may be eligible to apply for a pr Card through a government portal or office. Our recommendation is to check the Canadian government website for updated information.
Which tool can crop a photo that meets the PR card specifications?
Smartphone iD is both a cheap and reputable tool that can be used to take and crop PR photos to meet the requirements of the Canadian government. Using a tool such as a Smartphone iD can speed up processing time by ensuring that the photo passes inspections on the first try. Additionally, we can professionally print and mail the photos to your desired address.
Your PR photo card can be beneficial when navigating work and life within Canada; therefore, it is crucial to meet all the requirements outlined in the application responsibly. We recommend using a tool like Smartphone iD for the photo process as we use Ai verification and carefully examine each photo to help it meet the requirements of your country.