You’re almost at the point of getting quick and easy biometric photos! With a compliant Passport quality photo, your PIV card application will be sped up considerably. So choose a professional service, like Smartphone iD. Read this article to find out the keys to success with a PIV card in 2023. Let’s begin!
What is a PIV Card
The US government issues PIV cards to individuals so they can access federally controlled facilities and IT systems, with clearance for their security level.
Usually, a PIV card will contain various biometrics such as your photo and fingerprints etc.
What is PIV Card Used For
The PIV card is used for controlled the amount of access that certain individuals have within the government network of information and facilities.
It can be carried by eligible individuals so that they have the proper access necessary for their functions within their appropriate security level.
What is the PIV Card Eligibility
To be able to apply for a PIV card you must meet certain criteria that will specify whether you are eligible for the PIV card.
PIV Card Eligibility
- You must be a DOC (US Department of Commerce) employee or contractor
- You must be sponsored for a PIV card through HCHB Security
How & Where to Get issued a PIV Card
If you are a DOC employee or contractor, you can be issued a PIV card. However, you will have to follow certain procedures to be able to receive one.
You will have to contact your PIV card sponsor, HR or Administrator to be able to start your request for a PIV card.
You can navigate to the US Access Scheduler website to find out if a local office near you can assist in your application for a PIV card.
What are the Required Documents for a PIV Card
To be able to have a successful PIV card application, you will need to provide the correct documents during the application process. Make sure to do the research before you begin, as this will accelerate your application for a PIV card.
Required Documents for a PIV Card
You must provide two different types of these identification documents. They must be original documents and valid.
- Valid US Passport
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- Foreign Passport with an I-551 stamp
- Foreign Passport with a completed Form I-94
- Employment Authorization Document including a photo
- Driver’s license
- State ID card
- US Military ID card
How Long Does it Take to Get a PIV Card
Make sure you apply for your PIV card in good time before you will need it because the application process can take a while, as well as the processing and approval of the PIV card application itself.
It can take between two to six weeks for a PIV card application to be processed by the US government.
Where to Take an ID PIV Photo
If you need a biometric photo for your application, make sure you choose a professional service to speed up the application process and reduce the chance of delays and refusal.
Use Smartphone iD, the biometric photo app that you can use without any expensive equipment! We offer a great government approval guarantee, so you can relax at home whilst you take your photos.
Locations to get a United States PIV Card photo:
- Convenience/Retail Stores:
- UPS: book an appointment online and get your photo taken in-store, includes two photos
- FedEx: only certain locations will offer biometric photo taking, so make sure to find out in advance if your local FedEx can take biometric photos in Austin
- Bartell’s: find a store online and book an appointment for your photo to be taken in-store
- Walgreens Photo: get your photo taken in-store with a one-hour appointment, includes two photos
- CVS Photo: in select locations, you can get your photo taken in-store, which includes two photos
- Photo Booths: This can be a cheap option to get your biometric photo taken in the US if you can find an unoccupied booth!
- Photo Studios: If you can get an appointment, this can be a good option. Though it can be on the expensive side!
- Smartphone iD: We can offer expert checks (AI, biometric experts) for your United States biometric photos, as well as a professional printing service if required. We’ve designed our app to be convenient, secure and cheap.
How to Take Your ID PIV Photo With Your Phone
Getting a biometric PIV card photo doesn’t have to be a tiresome process, especially when you use ‘Smartphone iD’!
If you’re just not able to get out of the house in time before stores or photo studios close, try taking pre-approved biometric photos from the comfort of your home!
Follow these steps below to start taking pre-approved photos today!
- Download ‘Smartphone iD’ on compatible phones, available on iOS and Android
- Take a photo using the app, ‘Smartphone iD’ will guide you through the process
- Select which country you want to produce a photo for
- Select which document type you want the photo for (ID photo,Passport, driving license, visa etc.)
- Receive photos digitally via email, as soon as our experts approve them
- Use these digital copies to print them yourself. Or, you can use our printing service, to make it even easier
To apply for a PIV card successfully, you will need to provide valid documents & an approved photo. Not sure the best way to get a Piv card photo that conforms with the US government’s strict requirements?
Now you can be sure by using Smartphone iD. You’ll be pleased with our government approval guarantee and money-back guarantee.
Why not start using Smartphone iD today?