Have you figured out how to stop procrastinating with your ID card photo? We might be able to help you with that. In fact, you might just be able to get an ID card photo at home without all that extra effort. It’s cheap too. Read this article to find out how to get approved ID card photo success in 2023.
Where to get an ID Card Photo in the US
Need a convenient form of ID in the US? Don’t put it off any longer! It’s really important that you get a compliant photo for your ID card. In fact, if you don’t you’ll probably get rejected or have to start all over again. Nobody wants that.
So make sure you use a professional service, to get a professional product. This doesn’t mean it has to cost more though! Using our ID card photo app ‘Smartphone iD’, we’ll ensure your photo complies with government standards while you enjoy your time at home after using our convenient app. What are you waiting for?
Locations to get a United States ID Card photo in the US:
- Convenience/Retail Stores:
- UPS: book an appointment online and get your photo taken in-store, includes two photos
- FedEx: only certain locations will offer ID card photos taking, so make sure to find out in advance if your local FedEx can take ID card photos in the US
- Bartell’s: find a store online and book an appointment for your photo to be taken in-store
- Walgreens Photo: get your photo taken in-store with a one-hour appointment, includes two photos
- CVS Photo: in select locations, you can get your photo taken in-store, which includes two photos
- Photo Booths: This can be a cheap option to get your ID card photo taken in the US if you can find an unoccupied booth!
- Photo Studios: If you can get an appointment, this can be a good option. Though it can be on the expensive side!
- Smartphone iD: We can offer expert checks (AI, biometric experts) for your United States ID card photos, as well as a professional printing service if required. We’ve designed our app to be convenient, secure and cheap.
Which Places to Consider (Cheap + Quality)
While there are many places to consider getting a cheap and quality ID card photo, it’s clear that some choices are better than others.
Do you need a passport photo?
- ‘Smartphone iD’ is one of the few companies that offer both digital and printed delivery of your Passport photos. You can choose the option that is best for you. Plus, we have a money-back guarantee if you don’t get government approval (unlikely).
- Our in-house biometric experts will ensure that your passport photo is compliant with all government regulations. We also offer a great price for our services – so you can save money and get your passport as quickly as possible.
- Order your certified Passport photos today by downloading ‘Smartphone iD’. Scroll to the bottom to find out how!
How to Get ID Card Photo Online
You don’t need to get stuck in traffic or long queues for photo studio appointments and photo booths because you can get ID card photos online!
Why not use our app ‘Smartphone iD’? the zero-hassle process affords you flexibility, so you can get certified ID card photos online, whenever it’s convenient. Sounds good right?
Just use ‘Smartphone iD’ at a time that is suitable for you. Now you can submit your ID card application in good time. And if that wasn’t enough, we’ll guarantee your ID card photo gets government approval or we’ll send you a full refund.
Helpful tools to consider using for ID card photos online in the US:
Using free tools
- tsg.phototool.state.gov/photo: This is the official Department of State’s photo tool. You can use this to see examples of compliant photos. You can also upload your photo for automatic cropping. There is no photo compliance check, however.
- Passport Photo ID (Android/iOS): A free tool you can use to edit your US ID card photos. There isn’t a compliance check though. You can take a photo or upload one to be able to edit them through the app.
Using Reasonable Price Tools
- Smartphone iD: Get certified photos, verified by our biometrics experts, with digital (email) or printed delivery. We offer a great competitive price and a money-back guarantee.
- www.123passportphoto.com: No background removal, but you can create most identification document photos with this website.
- persofoto.com: Either use a webcam or upload your photo to resize it via this website. You can reposition your photo using the keyboard and zoom function. Once finished, you can download your photo.
Where Can I Get a Photo ID Card Fast?
There are quite a few ways to get an ID card. Depending on your needs and whether you have the time, the option you choose will vary. If you need to get your ID card photo fast, there are ways to go about that.
No matter where you are, whether at home or on your lunch break, you can take pre-approved document photos with our app ‘Smartphone iD’. It’s the way to get your photo ID card fast.
Follow these steps to get a photo ID card fast:
- Get a compliant photo by downloading and using our app ‘Smartphone iD’.
- Receive digital copies of your compliant ID card photo.
- Use your digital photos to print them out using a 4×6 inch template at Walmart or other photo centres
How to Apply for a Photo ID Card in the US?
Usually, you can apply for a photo ID card through your local Post Office. You will need to fill in an application form, as well as provide proof that you are a US citizen.
Make sure you provide a compliant ID photo for you application, as if you don’t you’ll probably experience a delay in your application or even get rejected. Use ‘Smartphone iD’ to get compliant ID card photos quickly and cheaply.
ID Card Photo Requirements
Unfortunately, there are strict requirements that must be followed when getting an ID card photo. If you don’t want to get weighed down trying to figure out how to follow the requirements, there is a solution!
Our all-in-one app ‘Smartphone iD’ combines everything you need to make the photo process stress free and easy. We use AI software and a team of biometrics experts to ensure your photo is approved. Get your photos digitally or printed, whatever you need, delivered to your door.
But wait, there’s more! It’s cheap, convenient and we’ll guarantee government approval.
- Provide two identical, less than six-month-old color prints for your application
- No cosmetic retouching is permitted (such as removal of background, moles, wrinkles or scars).
- Ensure your face is entirely visible in the photo
- Head coverings and hats are forbidden except for medical or religious reasons
- Keep a neutral expression for the photo
- Face the camera directly on and center yourself in the frame
To get a US ID card photo you can use, you should follow the ID card photo dimensions that are required by the US government.
US ID Card photo Size Requirements
- A United States ID card photo must be 2 inches x 2 inches in size
What is the Cost of ID Card Photos in the US?
We all want to save ourselves money wherever we can. So why should getting an ID card photo be any different?
Sure, you can make a lengthy journey to your nearest photo studio or booth and break the bank for a photo appointment. You’ll probably end up paying $15-20 or more for a photo. But there’s a better way.
You’ll soon be sharing how cheap and easy it is to just get an ID card photo at home! It’s the best way. Download our app ‘Smartphone iD’ for cheap, expertly approved ID card photos, so you can breeze through the application process.
Take Your ID Card Photo With Your Phone
You’re almost there! You’ve been asking “Where can I get a photo ID card fast?”, we’re answering. All you need is a smartphone, no professional equipment is necessary.
Take advantage of our 6-step guide to get expert-certified ID card photos fast!
- Download ‘Smartphone iD’ on compatible phones, available on iOS and Android
- Take a photo using the app, ‘Smartphone iD’ will guide you through the process
- Select which country you want to produce a photo for, US in this case
- Select which document type you want the photo for (ID card, driving license, visa etc.)
- Receive photos digitally via email, as soon as our AI and experts approve them
- Use these digital copies to print them yourself. Or, you can use our printing service, to make it even easier
Who said dual-certified (AI, biometric experts), hassle-free ID card photos had to be expensive? They don’t. Just relax at home or wherever you are and use our ID card photo app ‘Smartphone iD‘. With all this extra flexibility, you can chill whilst you watch us do all the heavy lifting.
Which free photo ID card printing software to consider?
With so much photo software out there, it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. It’s likely that using a free version won’t give you an acceptable level of quality for your application.
The best ID photos should have AI checks and expert reviews alongside a money-back guarantee with 24/7 support; ‘Smartphone iD’ has all of those features!
Where to get a student ID card photo?
Download ‘Smartphone iD’ and follow the 6-step guide above to start taking pre-approved student ID card photos today!
How to print photo ID cards
You can use our printing service with the ‘Smartphone iD’. Alternatively, you can get a compliant digital photo and print it out at your nearest photo centre.
What is ID card size photo?
The ID card size photo is 2 inches x 2 inches.
How do I get a US national ID Card?
You can apply for a US national ID card at your nearest Post Office.
Does the post office do photo ID cards?
Yes, you can apply for an ID card at the Post Office.