If your Irish Driving Licence has expired, you can apply within three (3) months for renewal. This article shows you how to renew Driving Licence in Ireland. You also get to know the required documents to fast-track your Driving Licence renewal.
How to Renew Driving Licence in Ireland ?
There are two options to renew your Driving Licence in Ireland. On the one hand, you can apply online. While on the other hand, you can apply in person at an NDLS office.
Required Documents to Renew Driving Licence in Ireland ?
Before your request for Irish Driving Licence renewal can be reviewed and granted, you need to support your application with some documents.
Below are the supporting documents to submit for your Driving Licence renewal in Ireland.
- You must present a Public Services Card
- Ensure that you have a verified profile on MyGovID
- You must present a medical report form
- If you are not an Irish citizen or you were born outside the European Union, you must show proof of residency in Ireland.
- Applicants with different address on the previously issued Driving Licence must show proof of current address dated within the last six months
Now that you are aware of the required documents to renew Irish Driving Licence, you should also bear in mind that the authorities will not accept the following documents:
- If your Irish passport has expired for a period later than 12 months
- Expired non-Irish passports
- Employer’s ID
- Church marriage certificates
- Baptismal certificates
- The authorities will reject a Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) card or Irish residence permit if current passport is not added
- Travel pass is not a valid proof of identity
- Non-Irish passports or national ID cards which have expired
How Long Does It Take To Renew Driving Licence In Ireland?
Perhaps you are bothered about how long it takes to renew Irish Driving Licence. Well, it takes about three weeks to process such request. And this is because there are a lot of applications being looked into by the authorities.
Additionally, you might need to wait for about five working days if you are looking to get your renewed licence by post.
How Much Does A Driving Licence Cost To Renew In Ireland?
To renew your Irish Driving Licence, you are expected to pay an application fee of €55. And applicants can make payments via debit or credit card.
If you are above the age of 70 years, Irish Driving Licence renewal does not cost a dime.
Where to Get ID Photo to Renew Your Driving Licence in Ireland?
To renew your Irish Driving Licence, you must submit a recent ID photo to the authorities. Check out the best places to get your ID photo for Driving Licence renewal in Ireland.
You can get ID photo at photo studios in Ireland. These studios have skilled photographers who are knowledgeable about the requirements of ID photo for Irish Driving Licence.
Here are some photography studios to get your ID photo for Irish Driving Licence renewal.
- PhotoCare Imaging LTD: located at 31 Abbey Street Lower, North City, Dublin, D01 DK07, Ireland
- Photogogo: located at 11-14 Abbey Street Upper, North City, Dublin 1, D01 VOC1, Ireland
- STUDIOXTRA: located at Liosban Industrial Estate, UNIT 34, Galway, H91 Y7CF, Ireland
Pharmacies also offer ID photo services for Driving Licence renewal in Ireland. When you reach a pharmacy near you, let them know you are looking to get ID photo for Irish Driving Licence.And you can rest assured that they will meet your requirements.
Use any of the following Pharmacy ID photo services in Ireland:
- Burnett’s Pharmacy: located at 42 George’s Street Lower, Dún Laoghaire, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, A96 X2Y8, Ireland
- ‘Sullivans Pharmacy & Photography: located at 114 O’Connell St, Limerick, V94 A372, Ireland
- Hickey’s Pharmacy & Photo Centre: located at 10 Liberty Square, Thurles Townparks, Thurles, Co. Tipperary, E41 X343, Ireland
Smartphone iD is the best option to get ID photo for your Irish Driving Licence renewal. The app is cheap and easy to use. All you have to do is download the app, take a photo and allow the AI and biometrics to verify the photo.
You can get digital copy via email or request for hard copy delivery to your doorstep.
How to Get a Cheap ID Photo with Your Phone?
If you need cheap and approved ID photo for your Irish Driving Licence, you should use Smartphone iD. This app affords you the opportunity to create ID photos that meet the requirements.
Follow these steps to get verified ID photo using Smartphone iD.
Step #1: Download the app. It can be downloaded from the Apple of Android store.
Step #2: Select the country for the document. Ex: Ireland
Step #3: Select the document type. Ex: Driving Licence
Step #4: Take the photo using your device and the in-app instructions.
Step #5: Have the photo emailed or printed and shipped to your home.
Smartphone iD is not only easy-to-use, but it also provides expert verification, in-app sizing and editing, and affordable prices! If you want to fastest way to take your passport photo, you should opt to use the Smartphone iD app.
Renewing Irish Driving Licence is a walk in the park if you submit the required documents to the authorities. And among these documents is valid ID photo.
We recommend the Smartphone iD app to create approved ID photo for your Irish Driving Licence renewal. Download the app today and get your photo in few minutes.
How Much Does It Cost To Renew Irish Driving Licence?
You must pay an application fee of €55 to renew Driving Licence in Ireland
When Can I Apply For Irish Driving Licence Renewal?
You can request for renewal within three (3) months of expiration of your Driving Licence
How Can I Renew Driving Licence In Ireland?
You can renew Irish Driving Licence online or in person at an NDLS centre
How Can I Get ID Photo To Renew Irish Driving Licence?
Smartphone iD lets you create verified ID photo for Driving Licence renewal
How Long Does It Take To Renew Irish Driving Licence?
It takes about three (3) weeks to process Irish Driving Licence renewal