Basically, when you have your passport photo taken, you want to be sure that it is government-compliant. One way of doing so is by having it taken professionally at a pharmacy like CVS. Have you been wondering how to take a CVS passport photo in 2024? Well, if so then this article is for you.
Does CVS do passport photos?
Yes, you can get your passport, visa, driver’s licence or ID photos taken at CVS nowadays. Furthermore, the service is going strong and you will be able to get a photo taken at a CVS near you.
Do All CVS Stores Take Passport Photos?
Not all of them It is recommended to call ahead in advance in order to ensure that your local branch provides the service. You can also use this tool: CVS store locator to find and contact your nearest CVS.
Is it possible to get children’s and baby passport photos at CVS?
Absolutely! CVS provides passport photo services for individuals of all age groups, encompassing babies, infants, and children.
CVS location that takes passport photo in USA
You can find passport photo services at specific CVS Pharmacy locations by using the CVS store locator: https://www.cvs.com/store-locator/landing
Here are some CVS locations from different US states that take passport photos:
- 555 NORTH BROADWAY, #B101, LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
- 217 BROADWAY NEW YORK, NY, 10007
- 50 W. JEFFERSON ST., SUITE 140 PHOENIX, AZ, 85003
- 1 S STATE ST CHICAGO, IL, 60603
- 1285 LINCOLN AVE SAN JOSE, CA, 95125
- 1627 WILDCAT DR PORTLAND, TX, 78374
How to take your passport photo at CVS?
Taking a passport photo at CVS is a straightforward process.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for taking a passport photo at CVS:
- Locate a CVS store with a Photo Center.
- Approach a staff member at the Photo Center and inform them of your intention to have your passport photo taken.
- Position yourself in front of the designated backdrop, ensuring proper alignment and posture.
- Remove any accessories, including glasses, hats, and jewelry.
- Maintain a neutral facial expression, avoiding any smiling or exaggerated gestures.
- Allow the CVS employee to capture your photo using the Kodak Moments Passport & ID Photo System.
- Review the captured image to ensure it meets the passport photo requirements.
- Once satisfied, proceed with printing or receiving the digital file of your passport photo.
How much are passport photos at CVS?
The CVS passport photo service includes taking and printing your photograph (2 copies), as well as ensuring that it meets the government’s requirements for $16.99. Coupons are also often able to be used for this service.
Does CVS Print Passport Photos ?
Yes. Thousands of selected CVS pharmacies that offer passport photo services not only take your photograph but also print it. At CVS you get two copies of your passport photos for $16.99.
What are the Government Photo Requirements?
Generally, there are a number of rules for taking a passport photo, whether you do it yourself from home or have it taken from CVS, these include rules such as no smiling and needing a plain white background:
The following are the rules for passport photos:
- May not be smiling
- No shadows on the face
- Spectacles are not allowed
- No uniform (including camouflage attire)
- May not wear hats or head coverings (there are some exceptions for religious or medical reasons)
- Earbuds or headphones are not allowed
- No jewelry in the way of the face
- Clothing must not match the background
- May not be shirtless
- Must have a plain white or off-white background
- Dimensions – a minimum of 600 by 600 pixels and no more than 1200 by 1200 pixels
- The photograph must be in full color at 24 bits per pixel, also it must be in sRGB color space (common output for digital cameras).
- Your photograph should be in JPEG file format.
- The photograph should be a minimum of 54 kilobytes and no larger than 10 megabytes.
- The photograph’s compression ratio needs to be equal to or less than 20:1.
How Long Does It Take To Receive Passport Photos From CVS?
If you want to know how long it takes to receive passport photos from CVS, the waiting time is usually between 5 and 10 minutes.
CVS VS Smartphone iD – Passport Photos
|Can you do it from anywhere?||Yes||No|
|Who takes your photo?||You, friends||CVS Employee|
|Digital & printed copy?||Yes||printed only|
|Real-time AI check||Yes||No|
|International passport photos||Yes||No|
|Cost||Best price on the market for professional formatting & expert check||Expensive in comparison $16.99|
Smartphone iD your Online Alternative Service to Get a US Passport Photo (From Home)
Use your smartphone today to take pre-approved US Passport photos online from your home. It all starts when you follow the steps below:
- Download ‘Smartphone iD’ on compatible phones, available on iOS and Android
- Select which country you want to produce a photo for, US in this case
- Select which document type you want the photo for (Passport, driving license, visa etc.)
- Receive photos digitally via email, as soon as our AI and experts approve them
- Use these digital copies to print them yourself at CVS. Or, you can use our printing service, to make it even easier
AI and expert verification: ensuring a compliant passport photo – Smartphone iD
- The application utilizes Artificial Intelligence (AI) to ensure that your identity photo meets all necessary requirements.
- The advanced AI technology analyzes your face, brightness, and background, and ensures that the dimensions, quality, and format of the photo comply with the necessary standards.
- Each photo is manually verified by experts to guarantee its compliance and quality, providing a double assurance that your photo will be accepted by the authorities.
- By intelligently utilizing your smartphone, combined with AI and expert verification, you can easily obtain a compliant passport photo, avoiding the hassle of traveling or scheduling appointments with a photographer.
With so many government requirements, it makes sense to use a passport photo service for taking your passport picture. The service should include an expert verification check to avoid document application refusal.
While CVS does still provide passport photo services it is quicker and more affordable to take your photo yourself at home.
Lastly, if you need a photo for other country documents, it’s best to opt for a service provider that works internationally and knows the requirements for each country.
In conclusion, Smartphone iD app takes care of it all and more. It is truly one of the most convenient solutions out in the market.
Try it out now for free to see yourself.
Can I print a 2×2 photo at CVS?
Yes, you can print a 2 by 2 inch passport, visa, ID or drivers license photo at your nearest CVS.
Do CVS passport photos get rejected?
No. CVS checks that your passport photos have been taken in compliance with government requirements, taking into consideration lighting, shadows, the background and more to ensure that it doesn’t get rejected.
Are Passport photos from CVS government compliant?
Yes. CVS checks that your passport photos have been taken in compliance with government requirements, taking into consideration lighting, shadows, the background and more to ensure that it doesn’t get rejected.
Of course, you need to make sure that you’re wearing the right clothing before pitching up, so be sure to check out the full set of requirements listed above.
Does CVS have a digital copy of the passport photo?
No. CVS does not provide digital copies of passport photos as part of their service.
Can I use CVS coupon on my passport photo?
Generally, the CVS passport photo service includes taking and printing your photograph (2 copies), as well as ensuring that it meets the government’s requirements for $16.99. Coupons are also often able to be used for this service.