If you want to stay in the United Kingdom for a longer period, you have to apply for a couple of documents that will confirm your right to do so. According to the legal changes that have recently happened in Great Britain (mainly due to “Brexit”), you may need to get a visa to study, work or stay in the country. How long can you stay in the UK without a visa? If you want to know the answer, read this article!
Why come to the UK without a visa?
If you want to come to the United Kingdom, it may be because of many reasons, such as:
- family visit
and many more. Depending on this condition, you may be allowed to stay in Great Britain with or without a visa.
How long can you stay in the UK without a visa?
If you are entering the UK:
- for tourism
- to meet your family or friends
- to volunteer (up to 30 days with a registered charity)
- in transit
- to study
- to do some other activities, mentioned on this webpage,
you do not need to apply for a visa. You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months, then you have to leave the country.
What conditions apply?
If you want to come to the UK without a visa, you have to be aware that you cannot:
- work (no matter if for free or not)
- benefit from public funds
- live for longer periods (frequent and successive visits)
- marry or register a civil partnership
- stay there for more than 6 months.
Then, you must be able to show that you will leave the UK after your travel, that you have enough funds to finance your stay and journey, and that you do not live in the UK for longer periods.
If you want to know more, visit this official webpage.