The enactment of Brexit into law in the United Kingdom changed the diplomatic relations between France and Britain. France revised its visa application for British nationals, including students. Luckily, students can apply for a visa or an extension online, using these new rules.
Although some applications procedures will not change after the January 1st 2021 deadline, the changes must be adhered to before applying for the visa. Below are some of the new rules which take effect after Brexit.
What are the New Rules for the Brits Studying in France after Brexit?
Anyone staying in France for more than 90 days, irrespective of the nature of stay, will require a Long Stay Visa.
No Brits student will use their resident family members as an alibi. They must apply for a Long Stay visa France.
Third-country nationals living in the UK will not be exempted from the Airport Transit Visa. They have to apply for it.
How to apply for a French long-stay visa?
- Go to the France-Visa website and attempt the self-evaluation test in 3 minutes.
- Gather the supporting documents required and the applicable fees.
- Create or log in to the Visa Application website and fill in the application form.
- Submit the application, book an appointment and attempt the practical information on the online form.
- Follow up the application online and collect it when they ship it to your destination.
What are the benefits from a “Withdrawal agreement” when studying abroad?
A residence permit of up to 10 years if you moved to France before January 1st 2021. However, you must apply for a Long stay Visa France permit online.
If you are married to a French national, the withdrawal agreement allows you to stay in France if you came before January 1st 2021.
For more informations, please visit the official website.
To complete your application take the passport photo at home!
An important part when building your application is adding a conforming passport photo.
Create it easily with your smartphone 24/7 without leaving the house.
Smartphone iD is an app available on Android and iPhone. Take unlimited shots to get a photo that you like, and once our software and team has approved it, receive it shortly in your email and/or within few days – in your mailbox.
Our artificial intelligence and REAL HUMAN control system guarantees 100% that your photo will be accepted and conform with the mandatory ICAO standards.
Continue on reading:
- How to apply for UK passport abroad?
- What documents UK nationals need in Europe?
- Can you apply for the EU blue card?
- What is ETIAS visa in Europe?