Replacement of a Biometric Residence Permit depends on the days of leave or if you are in the UK. The replacement service is only available for people inside the UK who have indefinite leave.
If your Biometric Residence Permit expires, your Visa has also expired. Therefore, apply for your visa to be extended. Once it is approved, you receive the Biometric Residence Permit. For this case, you do not use the replacement service.
If outside the UK, you are to apply for a replacement Biometric Residence Permit visa. It allows you to enter the UK only once. You will be able to apply for a replacement when you are back in the UK. It should be done within 3 months of expiry unless there is a good reason for not doing so.
- Everything you need to know about a residence permit
- What to do if your UK residence permit is lost/stolen?
- How to replace your visa with a UK Biometric Residence Permit?
- Work residence permit
- When apply for a BRP?
- Changing information of your BRP
- How to apply for a residence permit?
- How many photos do you need for a BRP?
- Family residence permit
- Student residence permit
- UK residence card