To stay in the United Kingdom for longer than six months, you need to apply for a residence permit. It is a document that confirms, among others, your personal data and type of permit (if you want to work, study, and so on). If you want to know how to apply for it, look at this page. Today we will focus on another important issue. How many photos do you need for a residence permit? If you are not sure, read this article!
What data can be found on a residence permit?
A residence permit is a document that can confirm your identity. That means, it must contain such information as:
- your name and surname, gender, and nationality
- date and place of birth
- biometric information (fingerprints and your image)
- unique permit number.
Apart from that, there can be found additional information, such as type of permit, place and date of issue, expiry date. Such a document is attached with a biometric chip that enables machines to retrieve your data from the permit.
How to provide a photo for a residence permit?
While applying for a residence permit, you will need to give your fingerprints and photo. To do it, you have to go to:
- if you apply from the United Kingdom: a UK Visa Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) point or a Service and Support Centre (SSC)
- a visa application centre, if you apply from outside of the UK.
How many photos do you need for a residence permit?
You will need only one photo to provide at the application centre. It has to be digital and must show your face. There is no need to take another photo in the application centre.
This applies also to children. However, if they are younger than:
- 16, they must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or someone who has already turned 18 and is responsible for them legally
- 5, they do not have to give their fingerprints.
If you want to get more detailed data, visit the official website.
- Everything you need to know about a residence permit
- What to do if your UK residence permit is lost/stolen?
- How to replace a UK residence permit that has expired?
- How to replace your visa with a UK Biometric Residence Permit?
- Work residence permit
- When apply for a BRP?
- Changing information of your BRP
- How to apply for a residence permit?
- Family residence permit
- Student residence permit
- UK residence card